Marie is the French form of Mary, directly derived from Latin Maria.
It is also the standard form of the name in Czech, and is used to a lesser degree, as a borrowing from French, in Danish, English, German, Norwegian, and Swedish.
- Female compound given names
French Marie, just as Italian/Spanish Maria, is traditionally also used in masculine compound names.
People with the name Marie
People with the given name Marie:
- Marie Antoinette (1755–1793), Queen of France and Archduchess of Austria, who was decapitated by a guillotine during the French Revolution
- Marie of Edinburgh (1875–1938), Queen consort of Romania (1914–1927)
- Marie Cahill (1866–1933), American Broadway stage actress
- Marie Curie (1867–1934), Polish-French physicist and wife of Pierre Curie
- Marie of Romania (1900–1961), Queen consort of Yugoslavia (1922–1934), daughter of Princess Marie of Edinburgh
- Marie Besnier Beauvalot (born c. 1981), French billionaire heiress
- Marie-Christine Deurbroeck (b. 1957), Belgian long-distance runner
- Marie de France, 12th-century French poet
- Marie de' Medici (1575–1642), Queen consort of France
- Marie Dressler (1868–1934), Canadian-American actress
- Marie D. Eldridge (1926–2009), American statistician
- Marie Fredriksson (born 1958), Swedish pop singer-songwriter and pianist
- Marie Helvin (born 1952), Japanese-American supermodel
- Marie Laveau (1801–1881), New Orleans voodoo practitioner
- Marie Lloyd (1870–1922), English Music Hall singer
- Marie Louise Jensen (born 1964), British children's author
- Marie Moore (born 1967), Canadian butterfly swimmer
- Marie Orav (1911–1994), Estonian chess player
- Marie Osmond (born 1959), American entertainer and sister of the Osmond Brothers
- Marie Prevost (1896–1937), Canadian actress
- Marie Rasmussen (born 1972), Danish pole vaulter
- Marie Saine-Firdaus (born 1973), Gambian lawyer and politician
- Marie Schlei (1919-1983), German politician
- Marie Serneholt (born 1983), Swedish singer/actress/model
- Marie-Lucie Tarpent (born 1941), French born Canadian linguist
- Marie Wilson (1916–1972), American actress
- Selena Marie Gomez, American singer
- Princess Marie of Denmark (born 1976), Danish Princess, wife of Prince Joachim of Denmark
- Marie Jose of Belgium (1906-2001), Belgian princess and last Queen consort of Italy
- Marie Grice Young (1876-1959), passenger on the RMS Titanic and a piano teacher.
People with the surname Marie:
Fictional characters with the name Marie:
- Marie (Onegai), an anime character
- Marie Barone, a fictional character in the popular sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond
- Marie Calvet, Megan Calvet Draper's mother in Mad Men
- Marie, the lover of Meursault who is the main character in Albert Camus' novel The Stranger
- Marie, the daughter of Duchess in the 1970 Disney animated feature The Aristocats
- Marie, fictional supporting character in the long-running soap opera EastEnders
- Marie, fictional character in the movie Paulie
- Marie, fictional character in the Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water anime series
- Marie, name attributed to fictional X-Men character Rogue in the films X-Men, X2: X-Men United, and X-Men: The Last Stand
- Marie Parfacy, real name of the fictional character Soma Peries in the Gundam anime series, Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Ultrawoman Marie, better known as Mother of Ultra, from the Ultraman Series; true name revealed in the film Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend
- Marie Schrader, fictional character in the television series Breaking Bad. .
- Marie Kanker, character in Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- Marie, the teenage occupant of the Velvet Room in Persona 4: The Golden.
- Marie, character in the video game Splatoon.
- Marie Jones, a character from the movie Reviving Ophelia